Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Ho-mance

So, I wrote this some time ago and found it today on a scrap of paper. Thought my Sammi might get a kick out of it. It's terrible, I know, but I kinda like it that way.

Ho-mance

In high-school we just had to get away
The pressure of being good all day
Honor roll, Queens of Stage
Passing notes on blue-lined page

Before and after you'd drive from A to B
And I was happy from A to Z
If it meant you were there next to me.
In your car or anywhere you are
That's where I want to be,
In your car or anywhere you are.

The scenery is always the same
Fishtank house, a stalking game
We only met because of a guy
Wasting gas, fueling a rant

Boys are silly things at best
And we've stayed longer than the rest
R.I.P. your jeans, and oh my breasts!
Smoking til our lips turn blue
Listening to nineties tunes,
'Cause that's just how we do.

Oh, what a glad ho-mance!

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha. Assumption confirmed. Much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete