Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Gender Stereotruths

So, I ran across this vid last night, If Guys Were Like Girls:

And the 2nd one:

At first, I found it mildly entertaining in a guys know nothing about girls sort of way. Who does yoga in their socks? Is this the way they see us? Of course, I was basing that on myself and my Sammi. I do love the "haircut!" bit, because I do this as a default compliment thing. And honestly, these guys are great at the characters they've chosen, and their group chemistry is amazing. But overall, I thought it was a bit of a stretch. I mean, who freaks out about a "relationship" after two weeks?

Then I thought about that for a minute and was horrified to realize that I do actually know girls who act like this. I want to punch them in the face every single time I have to hear about their relationship problems. Because they aren't in a relationship. They are in a stalkership. And they freak out over every little thing a guy says/does and over-analyze it to death and tell me they wish they could "just not care" the way I do.

So that freaked me out for a minute. Like PTSD from dealing with that all the time. Then I clicked on this:

and this:

And life was somehow better again. Also, I might be a dude. Like, in my heart-soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment